Have you ever wondered about how often you really need to clean your makeup brushes? Well, experts are saying that its incredibly important to clean your makeup brushes on a daily basis.
Like washing your face & brushing your teeth, its time to add cleaning those makeup bristles to your daily routine.
6 reasons why you need to clean your makeup brushes daily..
- Bacteria. Every time you use those dirty makeup brushes your spreading that bacteria butter all over your face *Instant urges to throw brushes away*
- Why cant I ever seem to get that matte look? Lets talk gooey old facial oils on those brushes.
- DEAD SKIN CELLS
- I've got pretty normal skin & its not the time of the month so why am I breaking out?!?!?! Its most likely the dirt in your bristles that are clogging up your pores
- Ancient makeup glued to your brushes making your makeup uneven?
- Your makeup will look better when applied with clean tools
Now that you have these urges to clean your makeup brushes, here are 5 quick & easy recipes you can do right now to get them sparkly & clean again!
Step one: Choose your recipe
- Castile soap + warm water
- Baby shampoo + warm water
- One part coconut oil + one part lemon juice + one part warm water
- Face wash + warm water
- Specialty makeup brush cleaning products + follow their directions
- All natural dish soap + warm water
My preference is recipe number 1.
Step two: Cleaning
- Rinse makeup brush under water
- Combine recipe mixture in bowl
- Dip your brush in your mixture & gently swirl the brush
- Wash off brush under clean water
- Squeeze out excess water
- Lay flat on a clean towel to dry or blow dry
Tip: Rinse makeup brushes in lukewarm water, as hot water may damage the bristles.
Makeup brush expiration date
Makeup brushes can last for many years when taken care of.
If your makeup brushes are shedding, crispy or perhaps they are misshaped, its time to say good bye and start with a fresh new set.
Get $10.00 off with code: UNIDREAM10 for this trendy
10 PCS Unicorn Dreams Makeup Brush Set in modern
Get $10.00 off with code: ROSEUNICORN10 for this trendy
10 PC Unicorn Dreams Spiral Rose Gold Makeup Brush Set
So ladies lets be honest, how often do you actually wash your brushes?
Do you have a special routine? What would you recommend?
Please leave a comment below & share to your favorite social media channel!
Have a beautiful day!