We stayed at a lovely little cottage in Sonoma Ca, Called Dove Cottage. It was so sweet and lovely, a perfect family retreat. Even though we live and operate out of Napa, which is just 15 minutes away from Sonoma, a staycation is sometimes the best option when you need to getaway, but you gotta stay close to home to keep things afloat. However, most families will be traveling from out of town and this is a perfect little stay for all. We had such a fun little dinner party here. Today i'm sharing this amazing recipe, that's loved by all. It's simple, fresh and light. Its actually a perfect summer meal, but we crave it all year.
Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Capellini Recipe
- Sun Dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Salt + pepper + chili flakes
- Bring water to a rolling boil & place the capellini until ready (directions on package)
- Rinse the basil, pat dry and cut into thin slivers
- Once pasta is ready place in a large bowl and combine the sun dried tomatoes, basil, and if needed, add a more olive oil
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes (optional) for added spice
Best wines to pair with this dish
- Sauvignon blanc
- Pinot Grigio
So there you have it. A light, fresh dish that's easy for everyone to enjoy. Invite your friends over, play your favorite songs and light a few candles and you've got your self a lovely and relaxing dinner party. Sometimes, the simplest things are the best things.
Follow the featured Instagram accounts from this blog post